Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Yesterday we went out exploring. We went to a huge shopping/dining area in Kansas City Kansas called Legends. It was really neat. It's only about 50 minutes away. There is a race track (cars)a Dave & Busters, & a Great Wolf Lodge. We went to the biggest furniture store I've ever seen, called Nebraska Furniture Mart. We got Skylar a book case & now her room is complete. Then we drove to Kansas City MO. We stopped at a great BBQ place for lunch. Our friend Mindy is from the area & told us to check it out. Thanks Mindy! Lunch was great. Larry had the ribs & I had the burnt ends (a local specialty) It is beef slow cooked for 17 hours. Yummy! We also located the Zoo which will be nice when it gets a little warmer. After our adventure we went right back to unpacking the house which is very hard with a newborn! Speaking of Skylar... today she projectile pooped across the room & got it everywhere!.....including all over my clothes. Larry almost threw up. I changed into ugly sweats & a shirt that doesn't match. Hopefully soon I will get back to wearing normal clothes & brushing my hair.

1 comment:

The Chronicles said...

We laughed out loud at your post...sorry about the projectile poop! And you will wear real clothes and brush your hair again someday!!! :-)

Glad you liked the Smokebox. :-) My folks ship their sauce to me by the boxful. :-)