Friday, July 10, 2009

Our little girl is growing

Skylar went for her 6 month checkup yesterday & the Dr. said she looks great. She smiled at everyone! She weighed 18.9 lbs & was 26 1/2 inches long. No teeth yet but she is drooling like crazy! She has been on rice cereal for 3 weeks now & yesterday she tried carrots. She loved them. I'm so glad. She hasn't been sleeping through the night but last night she slept for 8 hours, woke up to eat & slept for 3 more!!! Yeah! now I can finally get some sleep. Larry bought her 5 boxes of flash cards yesterday & she has been playing the piano with him for weeks now. Today I made homeade baby food & froze individual portions. I made carrots & yellow squash. Tomorrow I am going to make applesauce, potatoes, papaya, green beens, peas & if I can find them...sweet potatoes. It's a lot easier to cook it all in one day & freeze it. I'm so glad the Dr. said she could start eating food since she has been staring & grabbing at our food for a couple weeks now.

No comments: