Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

My 1st Mother's Day was great! We got up early & took Skylar (in her new backpack carrier) & Taz to the annual Atchison downtown Flea Market. The weather was perfect & Skylar & Taz enjoyed the walk & both got lots of attention. We dropped Taz off at home & headed to Kansas City for my 4 hour spa day! Larry told me to relax & not to think about Skylar (impossible!) I did relax, but I still thought about Skylar & hoped she was being good for Larry. I started my spa experience in the spa lounge in a super comfy robe while I was served snacks & juice. After about 10 minutes I was taken to the pool/waterfall room where you spend 10 minutes each in 3 different heated pools with waterfalls! After that I experienced a float. There are only a few places in the country that offer this. You go into your own private pool room which is filled with salt & other minerals in complete darkness for 1 hour. You have a floating neck pillow & you can't sink! It was fun. After that I showered & had a pedicure. I enjoyed chatting with the other Mom's & Barb my nail tech. The whole experience was so relaxing. What a great surprise from Larry. He said Skylar was very good while I was at the spa. We headed home & ordered a pizza & relaxed. Larry told me I can have spa days anytime I want! I better start planning a great Father's Day for him. Here is the link to my spa if you are interested in doing a virtual tour. www.thespatuscano.com

No comments: