Thursday, February 2, 2012

Little Miss Smarty Pants

The age of 3 is so much fun. I never know what Skylar is going to say next. From the minute she wakes up until she goes to bed she never stops talking...it's always "why Mom?" Every day when Larry gets home from work we have our night time routine: dinner, bath, books & bed. She is starting to procrastinate at bedtime. Usually I leave the room so that Larry can get a little alone time with her. I love to listen to their conversations on the monitor. These are some of the things I've heard lately. "Dad.....why don"t I have a tv in my room? why do I have to go to bed?...Dad...I love you so much!" She also keeps asking for a bigger bed so that she can fit all of her stuffed animals & her Daddy in her bed at night. During the day I have so much fun listening to her talk. When we're out somewhere she loves to talk to other kids & she calls them "sweetie pie" When we're out shopping I'll say "Skylar isn't that cute" ( toy, dress, etc) & she will say "It's cute Mom but not as cute as me!" She is still not using the potty. The Pediatrician told me to back off & she will go when she's ready. Some kids take longer than others. She told me she was scared to go but if I got her a froggy potty like the one her cousin uses at Grandma's house that she would use it. We bought her a froggy potty & she said "oh thank you!" but she still doesn't use it. She told me she will use it when she gets big. She tells me she can't wait to get big so she can get big boobs & wear a bra! Speaking of bras, out of nowhere last week she said " Mommy , you have saggy boobies" Lately she wants to have all of the attention. She is very polite & always says excuse me when she interrupts. The other day Larry was trying to tell me something & she kept saying "excuse me" & couldn't get my attention so she yelled "Larry Behr stop talking!" This really made us laugh. She also recognizes bad words. We try to bite our tongue. She's pretty good about not saying them but she always says "Daddy, that's not a nice word!" Last friday when Larry got home from work Skylar went running out to get him & said "Daddy, can I get you a beer? " Larry could not stop laughing! She also told me last week that she wanted to marry her Daddy.

No comments: