Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bedtime routine

Even though Larry is super busy with his homework & stays up until at least midnight every night, he always helps me put Skylar to bed. He is so good at it & I am not. We start by giving her a bath & she hates this so she screams her head off! Then Larry blow drys her hair, & she loves this. We take her in her room & I feed her & read her a book. After that Larry swaddles her & puts her in her swing & then into her crib for the night. This almost always works. Last night she was extra fussy so Larry asked me to leave the room & go take a bubble bath. When I got out of the tub I could hear him reading to her...but he was reading her his homework in a very expressive voice. She was out like a light. He put her to bed. We decided not to put a tv in our bedroom so we could spend more time hanging out , talking, reading, etc. Every night it's the same thing...we both fall asleep with a book in our hand. Having an infant is very exhausting but worth it. She's a lot of fun. We are really enjoying seeing her smile (her latest thing) Taz our German Shepherd sleeps part of the night in our room & part of the night in Skylar's room & he always gets up with me when I feed her. During the day he lays by her swing when she is in it. They are so cute together.

No comments: